Show current levels

create lighting scenes

Show current levels

Postby pogjack » 08 September 2011, 03:30

Don't think i've seen this yet. Is it or can it be possible to have a button on the editor screen called current levels, so that when pushed will move all faders to their current settings based off of the live screen so that if i want to adjust one light amongst several mixed scenes i won't have to worry about starting at zero and making a noticable change because the fader is at zero.

What would be cool about this also is that you could come across a nice scene by mixing previous scenes together and saving as a new one. I'm not talking about the copy/paste function either.

I know the DMX level chart already shows the levels. So just take that information and incorporate into the editor page
pogjack

Re: Show current levels

Postby DHoude » 05 October 2011, 13:19

I like the idea direction. I think it would be much easier for a "Scene Merge" option. You could open one saved scene and then open a second scene wich would pop a window that asks if you want to "Merge it with the first one" or "Save and close the old one first" or "Close without saving".

Irrelevent really, every time I wanted to do this I would just put the scene of the new/different light on another board in "Live". That way I can select both scenes and they can be seperate or together. Which really is better in the long run.

Just program you scenes in groups and then organize the "Live" screen by those groups. My groups - RGB wash fixtures, Laser (type 1), Laser (type 2), Black lights, Effect lights (LED projectors). With any 4 of those panels up, I can select one of each and they overlay perfectly.
DHoude

Postby tomrbland » 06 October 2011, 11:26

This is starting to look remarkably like pallet based programming...
tomrbland

Postby Niffo » 13 August 2012, 20:28

Scene merging is added in Editor for next release
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Editor