I can't get my D512 to connect to ShowXpress

post here topics for Mac OS only

I can't get my D512 to connect to ShowXpress

Postby Lumiere » 03 September 2011, 03:12

I downloaded ShowXpress for MAC for my macbook pro with Snowleopard because I bought a Xpress 512 DMX interface, and I really wanted to be able to control my shows through my computer. I followed all the instructions, and connected my interface to the computer via the USB drive before opening the software I downloaded, and yet, when I opened the software, it said 'universe not found' and sure enough, the 'PC LINK' light was not blinking as I read it would. I tried re-downloading the software, and it still wouldn't work. I tried downloading it on another MAC and doing the same thing, it still wouldn't work. Please help me. I have no idea what to try next, or why it won't connect...
Lumiere

Re: I can't get my D512 to connect to ShowXpress

Postby Lumiere » 03 September 2011, 03:30

I honestly think it's because even though I downloaded the software, the driver failed to install. I know it's supposed to happen automatically after the software is installed successfully but in this case, I think the driver didn't install. The computer doesn't even notice that something is plugged into the USB drive.... :(
Lumiere

Postby Lumiere » 03 September 2011, 07:05

Now the 'PC LINK' light turns on, but it doesn't blink. I don't know what this means at all. But it still says 'no universe found'
Lumiere

Postby support » 03 September 2011, 10:35

Under MacOS, there is no required driver for our interfaces. Normal situation under MacOS is: just plug the interface and run ControlBoard.
Because you see same problem with two different computers, we are afraid the interface is brocken. We suggest you to return it to your retailer.

PS: if possible, one more test under Windows could definitively let us know if the interface is brocken.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Lumiere » 03 September 2011, 17:30

I'll try connecting it on a Windows computer. I'll also try again on a third MAC just to be sure it's not because it's a laptop or anything like that... As for returning the product. Is there any way of expediting the process of switching this one with one that works? because I have a show coming up in two weeks and I will need the interface by then...
Lumiere

Postby Lumiere » 03 September 2011, 18:04

The Computer running windows that I tried to connect the interface to wouldn't even recognize that something was plugged into it. It seems the interface is indeed broken... I need to return it, and get a new one. How can I do this in the quickest way possible? I really need the interface by the 15th of September.
Lumiere

Postby support » 04 September 2011, 08:13

Please contact your retailer for that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby superdjcaz » 11 September 2011, 02:43

I have the same problem, I just got Xpress 512. The driver won't work on my pc (which I purchased solely for the purpose of using showXpress). The green PC LINK light won't turn on.I have the downloaded drivers & the ones that came on the CD, and nothing. When I try it on my macbook it works just fine. -I HATE PCs

I'm extremely frustrated with this product. I need help.
superdjcaz

Postby support » 11 September 2011, 22:09

I have the same problem

You are in the section for Mac users.
Please do not report PC problems in MacOS section.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Jflo52 » 20 June 2017, 21:17

I had the same problem not getting the green light to blink and get the dmx going. Try this: open show express and go to preferences then go to GPS tab and scroll down to a location that is nearest you. I choose usa california los angeles and everything began working from that point on. As soon as I plug in the dongle i get a blue light on it. The green light next to it blinks when the dmx is working. If it doesn't blink green follow the steps above and see what happens. I'm on a mac running yosemite
Jflo52

Next

Return to Mac OS