Keeps crashing live HELP

post here topics for Mac OS only

Re: Keeps crashing live HELP

Postby BartKrap » 04 January 2017, 15:37

Clgsound wrote:
BartKrap wrote:
Clgsound wrote:I went back to 8.2.10 - 161226
Worked the whole show no crashes.
So far I've only encountered a few crashes when running multiple live scenes and have editor going.

When I had the latest software with the fix files installed it would crash on opening. and if not at launch of program it wouldn't PC link or allow me to select any scenes. Each scene would become a check mark but not function.

I use (2) APC20s, (1) APC Key25, (1) Apple Keyboard, (2)512 Boxes connected to a powered USB hub. Connected to a 2009 Macbook Pro, 15", 4g Ram, 2.53 core 2 duo, V 10.9.5.

So reading this, do you have all 6 devices connected to 1 usb hub?

Yes all 6 are in one powered USB Hub

Try going with 2 different hubs on 2 different usb ports on the mac. It may be that you have too many devices on 1 hub creating a bottleneck.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby Niffo » 04 January 2017, 15:41

@Clgsound :
Thank you for the lightshow, we will check it.
Can you please send us you param.ini file ? (it is locate in your home_directory/TheLightingController)
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Clgsound » 04 January 2017, 16:10

Yes all 6 are in one powered USB Hub[/quote]
Try going with 2 different hubs on 2 different usb ports on the mac. It may be that you have too many devices on 1 hub creating a bottleneck.[/quote]

Only the 512 boxes and my keyboard are powered from usb. this shouldn't be an issue. I usually have one 512 box plugged into a sole usb port but have started adding to hub to make setup tear down faster. same issues happened when things were connected individually. Being a powered USB hub my few connections should be of no issue
Clgsound

Postby Niffo » 05 January 2017, 19:40

We are not able to reproduce the crash, testing during more than 2 hours with one DMX interface on a dedicated USB port and an Akai APC 20 on MacOS Mavericks and Software v8.2.11.
Niffo
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Mac OS