Unable to open ShowXpress 8.129 - unsupported file format

post here topics for Mac OS only

Unable to open ShowXpress 8.129 - unsupported file format

Postby newlifetech » 23 November 2016, 02:13

Hello everyone, I've been having an issue with 8.129 on multiple computers running Mac OS, and it recently started happening on one running 8.123. When I exported the lightshow from 8.123, I opened it on another computer I was able to get working with the 8.134 fix (Sierra OS), but the dmx patching was entirely gone with all my live buttons. Checking the exported dmx list file, it was completely blank.

So I went back to the computer that had been working with 8.123 and reopened ShowXpress only to find the error I was having on other computers all of a sudden appearing on this one. I closed out and restarted the computer...no dice.

Here's what it says:
Fonction : Steps_LoadBinaryScene:Unsupported file format in '/Users/XXXXXXX/TheLightingController/LightShows/XXXXXXX/scenes/generator/320BARS/GradColorChange.sce'

If you click okay, it just moves to the next file in the list and does this for the hundreds of scene files I've created (didn't have patience to "okay" all of them). The only way to get the popups & splash screen to go away (they float above all windows) is to force quit the application. I also tried applying the 8.134 fix, but it did nothing to remedy the issue.

This happened on some of the other computers originally, but after fully removing all files (I can't say for sure what changed it), I instead got the "cannot find efk_hardware.dylib" error. Applying the 8.134 fix to one of them got it working there, but without the lightshow files from this computer, I don't have any of the patching or live buttons to use on the other.

I'm needing the files & program for an event tomorrow evening, so I could really use your timely response. Thank you!

[image]
newlifetech

Re: Unable to open ShowXpress 8.129 - unsupported file forma

Postby support » 23 November 2016, 08:41

Please send you lightshow.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168
We will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby newlifetech » 23 November 2016, 18:18

I've emailed the zipped lightshow folder. As I mentioned, the lightshow is incomplete with an empty dmx list and all the live buttons created are missing. I can send an older version of the lightshow that seems to be complete, but it's about 6 months old and missing a lot of the recent changes. Nothing major was changed between Sunday when it worked and yesterday when it stopped working.
newlifetech

Postby support » 23 November 2016, 19:29

For an unknown reason, this lightshow does not have any declared fixtures, in the dmx grid.
You have to use another older lightshow backup, which shows the fixtures in the dmx grid.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby newlifetech » 05 December 2016, 17:51

This is a main part of the problem. I exported the lightshow with all of the patching intact. The fact that it didn't export a proper dmx list points to a major issue in the software.

Are you asking me to send you an older lightshow folder with the dmxlist?

On another note, I was able to hit "okay" on all of the errors that popped up and was able to get into the software. After loading an old lightshow folder, I was able to make use of the program, but had to rebuild all the files & scenes I created since July. I'm afraid to export the updated lightshow because I could lose the files again. This still remains unresolved
newlifetech

Return to Mac OS