Losing DMX signal using midi controller(s) [fixed]

post here topics for Mac OS only

Re: Losing communication with midi controllers

Postby Niffo » 14 December 2016, 18:08

The problem seems to only happen on your setup since no other user has reported the same thing and we are not able to reproduce it. But when we knew that the "DMX BarGraph" did not open, we knew what part of the software did not respond so we inserted a security who relaunches this part of the software in case of no response. At this time, we does not know what caused the problem : it can be an OS issue, a conflict between hardware devices messages, and so on ...
But we will try to reproduce as much as possible.
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: Losing communication with midi controllers [fixed]

Postby Bonifacedj » 14 December 2016, 18:47

@Niffo: thanks for your explanation.
Very clever approach.
So it's not a bug in the software since no user has reported the same thing.
hmm. strange.

Wil you insert this security in the next official upgrade, or do i have to stay with this personalized version? :roll:
Bonifacedj

Postby support » 14 December 2016, 18:54

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Bonifacedj » 14 December 2016, 19:40

support wrote:http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4658#p19502

I read there: "Fix for problem with multi midi devices using."
But..
Bonifacedj wrote:
Used only one APCmini last night, directly connected through the left usb3 port of mijn MBA 13 inch mid 2013. In the only other usb3 port on the right, i've put my D512 DMX Interface.

90 minutes into the dancing part, same thing happened: lights gone, blackout.

Anyway, version 8.2.3 finally prevented having a blackout after pushing al least one hour every one or two minutes on a midi device. Gig after gig, between one and two hours of doing that, i got a blackout.

Last night-gig, for the first time after a dozen of gigs in row with blackouts, i finished a four hours lasting party without a blackout while using four midi controllers (3 APCmini's and 1 novation launchpad).

Relief.
Thx again.
Bonifacedj

Previous

Return to Mac OS