Title bar always visible in video & Artnet to "ProPresenter"

post here topics for Mac OS only

Title bar always visible in video & Artnet to "ProPresenter"

Postby bshoc » 22 April 2016, 00:10

Hey Guys,

I hope all is well! I wanted to ask a few questions. I have used Show Xpress a few times and LOVED IT!!! However, I had to quit using it when we started using the timeline to trigger video at the same time of audio and DMX. I guess it's been a couple years now, but although Show Xpress can send video, it has a menu type bar at the top of the video window that I could never get rid of, and after contacting support a few times, nobody seemed to have an answer. There was always a bar going across the top of my projector screen. So my first question is...... did this ever get fixed?

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the software "ProPresenter" which is amazing for video presentation. It now accepts DMX commands via artnet. I saw where Show Xpress recently posted that there are artnet capabilities, but it didn't really make sense to me since I don't see a cat5 port on the hardware. Unless there is a new version of hardware I don't know about? In the meantime I found this product on amazon which maybe could take the DMX cable and turn it into a cat5 cable to plug into a second computer using ProPresenter. Would this work? I just really love the ShowXpress interface, and it's timeline, so it would be nice to be able to work with it and still be able to send videos on cue.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks so much in advance! :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U6D ... _i=desktop
bshoc

Re: Video and Artnet?

Postby bshoc » 22 April 2016, 00:32

just to verify... the menu type bar I'm referring to that shows at the top of the screen on the projector says "screen control" at the top of it.
bshoc

Postby support » 22 April 2016, 06:42

Regarding the visible title bar at the top of the video, we did not change our source code ; this means you do not see it with an old MacOS version.
And unfortunately, in their recent MacOS, Apple decided to force this title bar visible in their media player.
FYI, this problem does not exist under Windows.

Artnet is sent via the computer ethernet socket.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Title bar always visible in video & Artnet to "ProPresen

Postby Niffo » 22 April 2016, 09:04

FYI, it is possible to hide the menubar on MacOS 10.11 "El Capitan" :
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/22 ... l-capitan/
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 25 April 2016, 16:36

Okay, so in this case are the menu bars and the title bars the same thing? In other words, if we hide the menu bar, does that also hide the title bar? Thanks for your help!
bshoc

Postby bshoc » 03 May 2016, 23:29

I think I have concluded that even though you can hide the menu bar, you cannot hide the title bar, but I will keep trying to find a way.

I'm also curious to know... without the dongle, will the software still send Artnet thru the ethernet port?
bshoc

Postby bshoc » 06 May 2016, 21:11

support wrote:Regarding the visible title bar at the top of the video, we did not change our source code ; this means you do not see it with an old MacOS version.
And unfortunately, in their recent MacOS, Apple decided to force this title bar visible in their media player.
FYI, this problem does not exist under Windows.

I had a thought, have you guys ever run The Lighting Controller on a Mac using Windows Parallel? I'm wondering if this would fix the title bar problem? But may create other issues?
bshoc

Postby Niffo » 09 May 2016, 09:44

What's the problem exactly if you hide the menu/title bar in MacOs and if you configure ScreenControll in fullscreen ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 10 May 2016, 02:11

Niffo wrote:What's the problem exactly if you hide the menu/title bar in MacOs and if you configure ScreenControll in fullscreen ?

I have found a way to hide the menu bar, but not the title bar... and the title bar says "Screen Control"... therefore when you toggle fullscreen, it still says "Screen Control" at the top.

Let me know if you find any solutions :D
bshoc

Postby Niffo » 10 May 2016, 04:25

Can you send us a screenshot please ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Next

Return to Mac OS