Title bar always visible in video & Artnet to "ProPresenter"

post here topics for Mac OS only

Re: Title bar always visible in video & Artnet to "ProPresen

Postby bshoc » 10 May 2016, 22:20

Niffo wrote:Can you send us a screenshot please ?

Sure! Here it is... thanks for your help, let me know what you find out...

bshoc

Postby Niffo » 11 May 2016, 06:18

Did you put "ScreenControll" in FullScreen ? (Right Click or CTRL+Left Click or Command-F or Green Window Gadget, ...)
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 11 May 2016, 11:39

Yes, I clicked the green window button at top left corner.
bshoc

Postby Niffo » 11 May 2016, 12:01

... and Command + F ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 12 May 2016, 04:30

Niffo wrote:... and Command + F ?

Okay, I have a story to tell... for years I have tried to get rid of this title bar, even back to when the "display port" on a mac wasn't a "mini display port"... well I have new macs now, and never got mini display port adapters because I didn't need them. I've been testing it with my main iMAC computer monitor and not an external screen like I had in the past since I didn't have external display adapters. Tonight I got a (mini display port to HDMI) adapter and hooked it to my TV for an external monitor. I proceeded to press the Command+F... but all that did was brought my "ScreenControl" back to my main monitor, it won't stay on the external monitor(TV)... so then I tried to drag is back over there, and click the green full screen button... and... WHAT??? it works???? I almost hit the roof!!!

All I can think of is somewhere along the line in the past few years of updating all the iOS's as new ones come out, it fixed this some where along the line??? I am very excited right now! :D :D :D
bshoc

Postby Niffo » 12 May 2016, 05:53

bshoc wrote:I proceeded to press the Command+F... but all that did was brought my "ScreenControl" back to my main monitor, it won't stay on the external monitor(TV)...

In the properties of ScreenControl (Right-Click or CTRL-Click in the window) you can choose the screen for fullscreen mode.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby bshoc » 13 May 2016, 17:48

Niffo wrote:
bshoc wrote:I proceeded to press the Command+F... but all that did was brought my "ScreenControl" back to my main monitor, it won't stay on the external monitor(TV)...

In the properties of ScreenControl (Right-Click or CTRL-Click in the window) you can choose the screen for fullscreen mode.

Okay, disappointing news. I also got a "mini display port to vga" adapter and hooked it to a computer monitor. When I click on the green button on the screen control window, the title bar does not go away. Also when I Command+F, it sends the full screen back to my main computer. You said "In the properties of ScreenControl".... how do I get there. I can't find ScreenControl properties.

I don't understand why it won't work with a computer monitor but it did work with my tv? I used hdmi for tv and vga for computer monitor.
bshoc

Postby bshoc » 13 May 2016, 17:55

Uh Oh! I did in fact find ScreenControl Properties by right mouse clicking on the ScreenControl Title Bar. I had the option to select monitor 0 or 1, so I selected 1, and sure enough it went full screen on my secondary monitor. However I closed ShowXpress and reopened, now my screencontrol window is no where to be found? I click on Windown>ScreenControl, but nothing comes up. I can hit a live button that has video and you can hear the video but it is nowhere to be found. What should I do now?
bshoc

Postby bshoc » 13 May 2016, 18:11

I apologize for posting again, but I wanted to update some more. I opened another light show and the screen control is there, but when I go back to my original light show I still cannot find the screen control anywhere, even if I click Window>ScreenControl.

I've tried disconnecting my secondary monitor, and reconnecting. I have started a new lightshow for testing, and also notice that in the ScreenControl settings, I no longer have the option for a second screen in "ScreenMode", only one monitor labeled "0"

Thanks for your help.
bshoc

Postby Niffo » 13 May 2016, 19:07

It seems your ScreenControl is opening on a no more existing screen. You can delele the file "ScreenControl/screencontrol.ini" file in your lightshow to retrieve it.
Niffo
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Mac OS