Crashes on reopen ("auto start" button) [fixed]

post here topics for Mac OS only

Crashes on reopen ("auto start" button) [fixed]

Postby CenterCityAV » 18 April 2016, 00:35

I imported a lightshow that was exported from a windows computer. Lightshow opened and worked fine. Closed app and tried to reopen and I get a "quits unexpectedly" message. HELP!
CenterCityAV

Re: Show express crashes on reopen

Postby Niffo » 18 April 2016, 13:47

Please, can you send us your Lightshow ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby CenterCityAV » 18 April 2016, 15:25

Niffo wrote:Please, can you send us your Lightshow ?

OK. Where do i send it?
CenterCityAV

Postby support » 18 April 2016, 18:45

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 18 April 2016, 22:16

We are able to open your lightshow.
Please send us the file "param.ini" which in folder "home_directory/TheLightingController/" (may this file is corrupted in your system) ; we will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby CenterCityAV » 19 April 2016, 02:44

support wrote:We are able to open your lightshow.
Please send us the file "param.ini" which in folder "home_directory/TheLightingController/" (may this file is corrupted in your system) ; we will check it.

OK will send it. I am able to open this exported light show when I import it on other windows computers. I can even change the folder name of the exported show then import that and it works as another lightshow in windows. We had this problem before with this one clients Mac. he had to set up a new user to get show express to work again. Even deleting show express and re installing didn't work until we set up a new user.
CenterCityAV

Postby CenterCityAV » 19 April 2016, 02:47

CenterCityAV wrote:
support wrote:We are able to open your lightshow.

OK will send it. I am able to open this exported light show when I import it on other windows computers. I can even change the folder name of the exported show then import that and it works as another lightshow in windows. We had this problem before with this one clients Mac. he had to set up a new user to get show express to work again. Even deleting show express and re installing didn't work until we set up a new user.

Or do you need that file off of the Mac? I sent the file that was on the windows machine
CenterCityAV

Postby support » 19 April 2016, 07:16

This file "param.ini" is ok.
If there is still a crash in a computer, please send the file "param.ini" + the lightshow of the same computer.
In case of no more crash, no need to send any file ; we could not fix something we are not able to reproduce.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby CenterCityAV » 22 April 2016, 01:31

I sent the param.ini file from the computer show xpress doesn't work on, yesterday. Here's what we have come up with. Exported light show works when imported on other windows computers. It works on the mac when imported. Once we shut down show xpress and try to reopen it does not open. We have deleted the program and reinstalled show xpress and show xpress still will not open. The only way we can get show xpress to open is to create a new user and install show xpress there. But once we import a light show that was exported from a windows computer, it will work once and after we close showxpress it will not open again.
CenterCityAV

Postby support » 22 April 2016, 14:56

We found the problem. It took us some time to find it, because we saw later that it is on MacOS, while your profil in the forum says "Windows". This problem is effectively only on MacOS.

It happen with an "auto start" button which triggers a timeline which triggers a media file. We will try to fix this problem later. In the meantime, please replace the attached file in your lightshow in folder "../88MPH/Live/". With this file, the button "Main_Break" does not auto-start.

Please update your profil in the forum with "MacOS".
Attachments
live.ini
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 871 times
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Mac OS