Showxpress import from Win to Mac...help ASAP please

post here topics for Mac OS only

Showxpress import from Win to Mac...help ASAP please

Postby jcasi » 23 January 2016, 02:15

Long story short, my PC that runs my lights will not be able to run tomorrow for a gig. I have a new Mac as a backup. I exported the lightshow to dropbox on the PC, then imported it to the MAC. Nothing is there! I can load the scenes and recreate the pages, but there has to be a simpler way to keep the same layout as I had on the PC right? Also if I created a scene in the "generator" and click those in the Mac it says those files aren't supported.

Any assistance please before tomorrows gig would be helpful!!!!

Showxpress version 7, Windows and Mac.
jcasi

Re: Showxpress import from Win to Mac...help ASAP please

Postby support » 23 January 2016, 14:00

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jcasi » 24 January 2016, 21:16

Definitely does not work in my case. Brand new Mac. Anything built with the generator crashes the app. The scene has none of the settings on the buttons (ones with step bars etc), buttons aren't colored, no midi assignments, nothing is listed in the fixtures area on the dmx addressing. It seems when you export it doesn't export the entire show, or El Capitan has other issues importing it all.
jcasi

Postby support » 24 January 2016, 22:24

A lightshow is simply a folder with several files and sub-folders. The import/export functions just copy this entire folder. We suggest you:
1. to check both software version on MacOS & Windows are same software versions
2. with the menu "Open lightshow folder", to double check both lightshows contain the same files
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jcasi » 25 January 2016, 13:35

So it contains all the items, but I have to actually rebuild all the intricacies of the light show? Re-add fixtures, re assign midi and keyboard, reassign speed etc?

Its all there but scenes built with the generator still crash the Mac. Im wondering if its because no fixtures have been added yet? All and all I really like the software, and this is going to be the first big bummer for me on it within the last 6 months if you can't actually save a lightshow and load it on a different computer. I have 3 different computers that can go out on our gigs depending on what is rented.
jcasi

Postby support » 25 January 2016, 18:15

You can post a zip of your lightshow ; we will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BrioniFaith » 27 May 2017, 09:53

So it's May 2017, and I'm experiencing the same problem. I export a lightshow and it doesn't save the fixtures. Rather frustrating if you are forced to build the lightshow on the laptop you want to use live and can't use any other machine to do the work and then export it.
Has there been a fix for this issue?

There also needs to be the ability to "save the lightshow" as a different file name, so that you don't have to build the fixtures from scratch every time. Is that possible? I tried copying a lightshow, renaming the folder and changing some aspects, but again, no fixtures - and even the scenes didn't work once the name of the folder was changed.

I love the software, it's great to use, but there needs to be more versatility with MacOS - and having to rebuild the fixtures every time you export is an issue.

Please let me know a solution to this! Thank you.
BrioniFaith

Postby support » 27 May 2017, 13:28

Please go in the folder "../home_directory/TheLightingController/LightShows/".
Find the folder with the name of your lightshow.
Make a zip file of this folder, and post it.
Then we could check your lightshow.

FYI, a lightshow is a folder. So you can duplicate it and give it a new name.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BrioniFaith » 28 May 2017, 03:40

Thank you, I did try that, but had the same result.
I will send the light show. Would different Mac OS be enough to cause that problem?
Exporting from El Capitan to edit in Yosemite.
Thank you.
BrioniFaith

Postby BrioniFaith » 28 May 2017, 12:47

Hi there,

I've uploaded the zip file. If you load up "Falling Test" timeline into the Live tab, hopefully you can explain to me why the "Falling Test" loads up and plays fine, but the one "DFU Timeline 1" does not show any lighting working in the 3D viewer. This happened after I exported it, I wasn't able to get it working again in my original session.

Then the exported lightshow did not contain all the fixtures. Also, the scenes that are used in that timeline do not load up when you right click to edit them. So after exporting I ended up with two fragmented timelines, neither one working fully.

Hopefully some sense can be made of this.
Thank you!
BrioniFaith

Next

Return to Mac OS