Showxpress dies/ sleeps when not the front application

post here topics for Mac OS only

Showxpress dies/ sleeps when not the front application

Postby pwes » 11 September 2014, 16:58

I have seen a mention of this somewhere but can't find it - sorry!

I use a Macbook Pro for both Showexpress and Traktor (main music play out) and when I have traktor at the front show express sleeps after about 30 seconds and kills all the lights !!

Anyone know how to either keep showxpress awake within the software, or stop the mac from putting background apps to sleep please ?

Thanks

Pete
pwes

Re: Showxpress dies/ sleeps when not the front application

Postby pwes » 11 September 2014, 17:02

After 3 days of searching, I found the answer on goggle with the right search phrase JUST after posting this !! Worth leaving up in case anyone else has the same issue ;)

Disable App Nap Using ‘Get Info’

How to Disable App Nap in OS X Mavericks. While there’s not yet any known way to kill App Nap system-wide, it’s possible to do it on and app-by-app basis. The easiest method to do this is to use the Get Info window for a particular app.

Locate the app for which you’d like to prevent the App Nap feature from monitoring, right-click (Command-click) on its icon, and select “Get Info.” You can also highlight the app in Finder and press Command-I. The Get Info window will appear and you’ll notice a new option in the General section: “Prevent App Nap.” Check this box and your selected app will run at full power in the background.
pwes

Postby Earl Harvey » 11 September 2014, 21:17

Newer version software disables App Nap for you...
Earl Harvey

Postby support » 11 September 2014, 21:33

Welcome to MacOS Mavericks !
FYI: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2397
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Mac OS