Audio does not play in timeline with Macbook Air [fixed]

post here topics for Mac OS only

Audio does not play in timeline with Macbook Air [fixed]

Postby godmodule » 24 January 2014, 02:03

I recently bought a Macbook air to run our light show off of. I have used showxpress in the past on a PC. Today I opened up the time line and put a track in there to start programming. Everything looked normal but nothing played. I have tried MP3's at 128-320 and WAV files so far and nothing works. The audio works fine on my Mac. The same files play fine of it in itunes just nothing in Showxpress. A couple of times the song started playing randomly late into the track. I am working on a very short deadline here with a lot of work to do so I really hope there is a quick fix for this.

JAsyn
godmodule

Re: Audio does not play in timeline with Macbook Air?

Postby support » 24 January 2014, 18:51

There is always a small delay, because our software just ask the OS to play the file (the file is not previously stored in memory).
But, with a WAV file, this delay should be very short.

Please tell us your OS version.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Audio does not play in timeline with Macbook Air?

Postby godmodule » 25 January 2014, 23:10

So I did the current updates to Mavericks and now the audio is working fine but when I put a scene into time line when there is an audio file present the scene just does random movements to the lights. When I take the audio file out the scene works perfect. Is there just a lot of bugs with Mavericks and Showxpress? It seems like the program worked perfect on my PC's but since I got the Macbook Air I have had issue after issue.
godmodule

Re: Audio does not play in timeline with Macbook Air [fixed]

Postby support » 26 January 2014, 22:23

We are not able to reproduce this problem with our Macbook Mavericks.
FYI: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2397
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Mac OS