Control Board sees no interface or crashes...

post here topics for Mac OS only

Control Board sees no interface or crashes...

Postby Pholladay » 18 May 2013, 07:15

So after quite a few days of checking out the ShowXpress software I finally got the DMX 512 dongle. I had already set my show up on my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.7.5 running ShowXpress 6.32 with the fixtures and DMX addressing, but had not created any scenes because I wanted the make sure the 3d view was accurate before spending a bunch of time programming. So I get to my gig today all excited, plug the dongle in to the USB, open Control Board and...nothing. I've been messing with it all night trying to get it to work but it seems like it does something different every time. Usually I plug the dongle in, open Control Board which is loaded with my program and it says "No Universes Found" and the PC Link light is off (the power light is always on). Sometimes if I delete the whole ShowXpress file and re-drag and drop it from the disk image Control Board immediately crashes when opening (it has never crashed without the interface plugged in). Sometimes, for a split second it will say 1 universe found and then crash.

I've seen that you guys frequently say it must be a problem with your light show, so I thought I'd try to load the demo show. The very first time I did that the PC Link light came on and Control Board said 1 Universe Found, so I thought it was a problem with the light show. So then I made a new show, shut control board and reopened it. Still the same problems as before...Control Board either or opens and says No Universes found. Then I tried my show again...same thing. Then I tried to load the demo show again and STILL the same thing. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Oh, and i did quit and re-open Control Board in between switching shows (I think you're supposed to do that). Is this thing broken? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Pholladay

Re: Control Board sees no interface or crashes...

Postby support » 18 May 2013, 15:12

Please confirm you respected this, for software installation: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=604

If yes, please do a complete software uninstall/re-install:
- delete the complete software folder
- delete the complete folder "Home/TheLightingController" (caution this will delete all your lightshows)
- re-install the software: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=604
- during installation process, answer "No" to "demo_show" install question

Then, tell us if still crashing:
1. without dmx interface
2. with dmx interface
3. with a new lightshow
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pholladay » 18 May 2013, 18:47

I followed installation process exactly.

Also completely deleted all the software files as instructed, reinstalled, and said no to the demo show.
The first time I opened the software with the dongle plugged in Control Board just crashed over and over again. When I unplugged the dongle and opened Control Board it opened ok.
Quit Control Board and re-opened with the dongle plugged in and it opened but showed No Universes found.

Also tried a clean install on a separate Mac Pro with exactly the same results as above.

Also tried on a PC running Windows 7.
Followed the installation process exactly, but when I plugged the dongle in no window popped up for Found New Hardware, and a manual new hardware search could not find the dongle, so I never got to install the drivers because they had nowhere to install to.

Sounds like busted hardware to me, any other ideas?
Pholladay

Postby support » 19 May 2013, 20:46

Yes, it looks your interface has a problem.
Please return it to your retailer, for maintenance service.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Mac OS