[6.20] crash when i double-click on Setup [fixed]

post here topics for Mac OS only

[6.20] crash when i double-click on Setup [fixed]

Postby BuBulle » 11 May 2010, 13:47

Hi,

Just tried both the ShowXPress and the Sweetlight for Mac. When I click on the setop.app file there is some work being done and after say 10 seconds it crashes, suggesting to report crash dump to Apple.

I am running Snow Leopard on a fairly recent MacBook Pro.

Any idea ? I'd be happy to test further if this can be of any help, no rush yet.
BuBulle

Re: Installation crashes

Postby support » 12 May 2010, 18:42

There is only one application which must be "double-clicked" : it is ControlBoard.
Under Windows, there is no problem, because we see only ControlBoard in the "Windows Start Menu".
There might be effectively some confusion under MacOS, because the application is started from the software folder where you see all applications files.

Once ControlBoard will have been started one time, it will built all necessary files in "home_directory", and this problem should not appear anymore. So please run ControlBoard, and let us know.

We report this possibility of confusion in the TODO list.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [6.20] crash when double-click an application file [fixed]

Postby BuBulle » 13 May 2010, 13:13

Thanks, it worked, many thanks. I will be happy to test and feedback on the beta now :)

So to help others : it is the controlboard.app which takes charge of calling subprograms. Setup.app is not a installation wizard, it is a Sweetlight module which is used to program your DMX fixtures setups and others. I come a windows culture.

I would recommend that you keep my title as somebody failing to install will not find your answer easily. It even took me minutes to spot my own question since title changes to one unexpected ;)
BuBulle

Re: [6.20] crash when i double-click on Setup [fixed]

Postby support » 13 May 2010, 13:48

The title "Installation crashes" refers more when you are extracting the DMG file.
We revised the title to "crash when i double-click on Setup" which looks more clear.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Mac OS