Another usb interface gives ControlBoard crash

post here topics for Mac OS only

Another usb interface gives ControlBoard crash

Postby Timon » 21 May 2012, 16:38

I was having a real issue getting ControlBoard to load on my Mac running Lion 10.7.3. Just to check and see if it was my Mac I loaded ShowExpress on my wife's Mac and it loaded. Went back to mine and look to see what was different when I realized that I had a LightORama USB485B controller plugged in. When removed the program would load. T

he USB485B contains a FT232R USB UART which is very commonly used for regular Serial Communications as well as it's use several DMX show packages. I can understand you not using this controller but if you find this chipset ignore it or give a warning that you won't use it but please fix the program so it does not crash. Crashing because it connected is NOT acceptable.

If you like I can send you a complete crash report so you can figure out why that chip causes you to crash so you can fix it.

Thank
John
Timon

Re: Crash when loading ControlBoard

Postby support » 22 May 2012, 07:44

Our software tries to communicate with all founded usb interfaces, and he automatically forgets the interfaces which do not answer the expected data.
It is the first time we hear about another usb interface which cause a crash of our software ; it is very weird !

In order to have a chance to understand what is happening, we would need this interface to make deep tests.
Unfortunately, it would be difficult to fix a problem that we can not reproduce.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Mac OS